Kestrel, in partnership with the University of Exeter,
is the only UK organisation offering a whole-school approach to the teaching of thinking.
Read Exeter University’s study into the impact of a whole-school approach here.
A Whole-School Approach to the Teaching of Thinking
Kestrel is a founding partner of
Thinking Schools International
An Introduction to Philosophy for Children (P4C) and Thinking Maps
Learn how P4C and Thinking Maps can boost pupils' higher order thinking and questioning, social skills and overall academic performance
This is a FREE event which will take place at Deri View Primary School on Monday 19th October 2015, 1 - 5 pm. Please book in advance to attend - call 01873 735010. For full event details, please view the event flyer here.
- **NEW** - Growing Thinking Students in Thinking Schools LumiBook - A UNIQUE and ESSENTIAL resource- produced on the award winning cloud platform (LumiBook) this multi-media resource contains everything you need to know to become a Thinking School ..indivdual licence only £40.00 or £799.00 for a school-wide licence....Order resource and find out more
Our work has expanded beyond the UK and there is much more information to be seen, including access to free resources, at www.thinkingschoolsinternational.com
In November 2013, 53 Primary PGCE students from the South West Wales Centre of Teacher Education, University of Wales, spent a day visiting four Thinking Schools in Cardiff & Newport. The purpose of their visit was to allow students to see first hand the variety of approaches and materials that can be used to develop childrens' thinking skills. Read full article
'Primary Teachers Update' article - Patrick Affley, headteacher at Christ the King Catholic Primary School Cardiff, explains why his school chose to become a Thinking School and what this label means. Read article
*Thinking School Accreditation* Congratulations to the following schools on recently gaining Thinking School Accreditation
- Barton Court Grammar School, Canterbury
- St. Thomas More Catholic Teaching School, Bedford
- Ysgol Bryn Elian, Colwyn Bay
- Notting Hill Preparatory School
and the following schools have recently achieved ADVANCED Thinking School Accreditation
- Monnow Primary School, Newport
- Wellington Primary School, Hounslow
- Binfield Primary School, Bracknell
- St. Mary's Catholic Primary School, Bridgend
- For further information on Kestrel Consultancy and Training click here.
- To join (at no cost) the Network of Schools Working towards becoming a Thinking School click here.
19th October 2015, 1 - 5 pm - Deri View Primary School, Abergavenny
Learh how P4C and Thinking Maps can boost pupils' higher order thinking and questioning, social skills and overall academic performance
Free to attend. To book, call 01873 735010
See a sample chapter from the Growing Thinking Students in Thinking Schools Lumibook