Kestrel, in partnership with the University of Exeter,
is the only UK organisation offering a whole-school approach to the teaching of thinking.
Read Exeter University’s study into the impact of a whole-school approach here.
A Whole-School Approach to the Teaching of Thinking
Kestrel is a founding partner of
Thinking Schools International
** NEW ** Thinking Schools Co-ordinators Courses - running in February 2014 for School Co-ordinators with responsibility for the development of Thinking Skills. Click the above link for full details.
- Spring and Summer Schools - week long courses focusing on a Whole-School Approach to the Teaching of Thinking. Aimed at Strategic Planners, Senior Leaders and Classroom Teachers, and particularly useful for overseas organisations wanting to develop a deeper understanding of growing thinking schools.
- Exciting teaching opportunities in progressive thinking school in Bangkok Amnuay Silpa School is the leading bilingual school in Thailand. They are also the leading Thinking School. They currently have a number of exciting opportunities open for teachers looking to teach abroad.
'Primary Teachers Update' article - Patrick Affley, headteacher at Christ the King Catholic Primary School Cardiff, explains why his school chose to become a Thinking School and what this label means. Read article
Link to the television programme documenting - Rhod Gilbert's 'Work Experience' as a primary school teacher at Accredited Thinking School - Monnow Primary School.
- Congratulations to Invicta Grammar School, Maidstone on receiving Thinking School Accreditation!
New! Have you looked at our international website
- For further information on Kestrel Consultancy and Training click here.
- To join (at no cost) the Network of Schools Working towards becoming a Thinking School click here.