Kestrel, in partnership with the University of Exeter,
is the only UK organisation offering a whole-school approach to the teaching of thinking.
Read Exeter University’s study into the impact of a whole-school approach here.
A Whole-School Approach to the Teaching of Thinking
Kestrel is a founding partner of
Thinking Schools International
Our work has expanded internationally and for more information about a whole school approach to the teaching of thinking, for both UK and overseas organisations, please visit our partner website www.thinkingschoolsinternational.com
- *DATES FOR YOUR DIARY!*
Our International Thinking Skills Conference will take place on
Monday 12th & Tuesday 13th June 2017 at
Alexandra House Conference Centre, Swindon.
Further details will be released shortly. Contact us for further information.
See the photo montage from the 2016 conference and a sample programme here.
Teaching Opportunities at Amnuay Silpa School, Bangkok (Asia's first Accredited Thinking School). Amnuay Silpa is the leading bilingual school in Thailand. Providing high quality education to over 1000 pupils aged 3-18, Amnuay Silpa is an exciting and dynamic place to teach. For more information regarding the latest teaching opportunities please click here
- Growing Thinking Students in Thinking Schools LumiBook - A UNIQUE and ESSENTIAL resource- produced on the award winning cloud platform (LumiBook) this multi-media resource contains everything you need to know to become a Thinking School ..indivdual licence only £40.00 or £799.00 for a school-wide licence....Order resource and find out more
*Thinking School Accreditation* Congratulations to the following schools on recently gaining Thinking School Accreditation from the University of Exeter
- Portsmouth Academy for Girls
- The James Hornsby School, Basildon
- St. James Catholic Primary School, Twickenham
- Danescourt Primary School, Cardiff
- Whiteheath Infant & Nursery School,Ruislip (re-accredited)
and the following schools have recently achieved ADVANCED Thinking School Accreditation
- Barbara Priestman Academy, Sunderland
- The Rochester Grammar School (re-accredited)
- Sedgefield Community College, Co. Durham
- Monnow Primary School, Newport
- Maidstone Grammar School for Girls
- For further information on Kestrel Consultancy and Training click here.
- To join (at no cost) the Network of Schools Working towards becoming a Thinking School click here.
See a sample chapter from the Growing Thinking Students in Thinking Schools Lumibook