Kestrel, in partnership with the University of Exeter,
is the only UK organisation offering a whole-school approach to the teaching of thinking.
Read Exeter University’s study into the impact of a whole-school approach here.
A Whole-School Approach to the Teaching of Thinking
Kestrel is a founding partner of
Thinking Schools International
- **NEW** - Growing Thinking Students in Thinking Schools LumiBook - A UNIQUE and ESSENTIAL resource- produced on the award winning cloud platform (LumiBook) this multi-media resource contains everything you need to know to become a Thinking School ..indivdual licence only £40.00 or £799.00 for a school-wide licence....Order resource and find out more
Our work has expanded beyond the UK and there is much more information to be seen, including access to free resources, at www.thinkingschoolsinternational.com
In November 2013, 53 Primary PGCE students from the South West Wales Centre of Teacher Education, University of Wales, spent a day visiting four Thinking Schools in Cardiff & Newport. The purpose of their visit was to allow students to see first hand the variety of approaches and materials that can be used to develop childrens' thinking skills. Read full article
'Primary Teachers Update' article - Patrick Affley, headteacher at Christ the King Catholic Primary School Cardiff, explains why his school chose to become a Thinking School and what this label means. Read article
*Thinking School Accreditation* Congratulations to the following schools on recently gaining Thinking School Accreditation from the University of Exeter
- Heathlands Whitefriars Federation, Harrow
- Hillcross Primary School, Morden, London
and the following schools have recently achieved ADVANCED Thinking School Accreditation
- Sedgefield Community College, Co. Durham
- Monnow Primary School, Newport
- Maidstone Grammar School for Girls
- For further information on Kestrel Consultancy and Training click here.
- To join (at no cost) the Network of Schools Working towards becoming a Thinking School click here.
See a sample chapter from the Growing Thinking Students in Thinking Schools Lumibook