Kestrel, in partnership with the University of Exeter,
is the only UK organisation offering a whole-school approach to the teaching of thinking.
Read Exeter University’s study into the impact of a whole-school approach here.
A Whole-School Approach to the Teaching of Thinking
Kestrel is a founding partner of
Thinking Schools International
8th Annual THINKING SKILLS CONFERENCE,
Monday 13th & Tuesday 14th June 2016
Alexandra House, Wroughton near Swindon
Keynote Speakers - Will Ord & Prof. Kate Wall
Join us for our eighth annual conference - this year's keynote speakers will be Will Ord, international speaker and consultant and Professor Kate Wall, University of Strathclyde. In addition, the conference will again follow a tried and tested format with some thirty practical workshops on offer, many led by teachers in schools taking a whole-school approach to the teaching of thinking.
Delegate fee is £245 for one day or £395 for both
- Thinking Differently About.....Science workshops - we're running a series of workshops, on various dates and at different school-based venues, entitled 'Thinking Differently About....... This initial set of workshops will focus on science and venues/dates are as follows:
- Friday 10th June - Barton Court Grammar School, Canterbury,
- Friday 24th June - Glenmoor & Winton Academies, Bournemouth,
- Friday 1st July - St. Thomas More Catholic Teaching School, Bedford
Monday 26th September - Wood Green Academy, Sandwell, W. Mids.
Attendance costs £150 + VAT. Click on the venue names for more details.
- Growing Thinking Students in Thinking Schools LumiBook - A UNIQUE and ESSENTIAL resource- produced on the award winning cloud platform (LumiBook) this multi-media resource contains everything you need to know to become a Thinking School ..indivdual licence only £40.00 or £799.00 for a school-wide licence....Order resource and find out more
Our work has expanded beyond the UK and there is much more information to be seen, including access to free resources, at www.thinkingschoolsinternational.com
*Thinking School Accreditation* Congratulations to the following schools on recently gaining Thinking School Accreditation from the University of Exeter
- Danescourt Primary School, Cardiff
- Heathlands Whitefriars Federation, Harrow
- Hillcross Primary School, Morden, London
and the following schools have recently achieved ADVANCED Thinking School Accreditation
- Sedgefield Community College, Co. Durham
- Monnow Primary School, Newport
- Maidstone Grammar School for Girls
- For further information on Kestrel Consultancy and Training click here.
- To join (at no cost) the Network of Schools Working towards becoming a Thinking School click here.
We are running a series of day-long workshops entitled Thinking Differently About.....Science. Cost £150 + VAT . Details here
See a sample chapter from the Growing Thinking Students in Thinking Schools Lumibook