Kestrel, in partnership with the University of Exeter,
is the only UK organisation offering a whole-school approach to the teaching of thinking.
Read Exeter University’s study into the impact of a whole-school approach here.
A Whole-School Approach to the Teaching of Thinking
Kestrel is a founding partner of
Thinking Schools International
Our work has expanded beyond the UK and there is much more information to be seen, including access to free resources, at www.thinkingschoolsinternational.com
In memory of Professor Bob Burden. We are sorry to share the sad news that Professor Bob Burden, who played a significant part in the development of Kestrel, recently passed away after a long illness.
In November 2013, 53 Primary PGCE students from the South West Wales Centre of Teacher Education, University of Wales, spent a day visiting four Thinking Schools in Cardiff & Newport. The purpose of their visit was to allow students to see first hand the variety of approaches and materials that can be used to develop childrens' thinking skills. Read full article
'Primary Teachers Update' article - Patrick Affley, headteacher at Christ the King Catholic Primary School Cardiff, explains why his school chose to become a Thinking School and what this label means. Read article
*Thinking School Accreditation* Congratulations to the following schools on gaining Thinking School Accreditation
- Notting Hill Preparatory School
- Alwoodley Primary School, Leeds
- Mount Stuart Primary School, Cardiff
- Exeter - A Learning Community, Corby
- Whitchurch Primary School, Cardiff
and the following schools have recently achieved ADVANCED Thinking School Accreditation
- Wellington Primary School, Hounslow
- Binfield Primary School, Bracknell
- St. Mary's Catholic Primary School, Bridgend
- For further information on Kestrel Consultancy and Training click here.
- To join (at no cost) the Network of Schools Working towards becoming a Thinking School click here.